IATF 16949:2016 Standard
IATF 16949:2016 specified requirements for automotive suppliers and has been written and adopted by the industry as the new international quality management system. IATF 16949 certification specifies the quality management system requirements for the design/development, production, installation and servicing of all automotive-related products.
This specification focuses on
- Customer specific requirements
- Requirements related to safety and the environment, in addition to quality
- Requirements for Supplier Development
- Cross functional approach for implementation
- Advanced product quality planning – APQP,
- FMEA & Control Plan,
- MSA & SPC
IATF 16949:2016 specification are prepared by a group of vehicle manufacturers known as the International Organization for Standardization (IATF). The IATF consists of General Motors Corporation, BMW Group, Fiat Auto, Ford Motor Company, DaimlerChrysler, PSA Peugeot-Citroen, Renault SA and Volkswagen, plus national trade associations, AIAG (America), VDA (Germany), SMMT (UK), ANFIA (Italy) and FIEV (France)
On Road Automobile manufacturers are making IATF 16949 certification a mandatory requirement or encouraging their suppliers to upgrade to the new technical specification.
This specification replaces existing US, German, French and Italian automotive quality system standards, including QS-9000, VDA6.1, EAQF and ASQ.
IATF 16949:2016 SCOPE
IATF 16949 standard certification specifies requirements for automotive quality management system to:
- Demonstrate your ability to meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Effective implementation of QMS
- Continual improvement of QMS
- To ensure conformity to customer and applicable regulatory requirements.
IATF 16949:2016 For Whom
IATF 16949 CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE APPLICABLE TO THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER:
- Trucks (light, medium and heavy), buses, Cars, motorcycles.
- Supplier providing parts, components, products , sub-assemblies and services such as heat treating, welding, painting; etc., for the automotive OEM’s subscribing to this standard.
Benefits of IATF 16949:2016
- IATF 16949:2016 implementation improves / leads to
- Policies & Objectives set by ‘top management’
- Understanding of customer’s requirements with a view to achieving Customer Satisfaction
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Improved internal and external Communications
- Understanding of the organization’s processes
- Clear responsibilities and authorities agreed for all staff
- Improved use of time and resources
- Reduced wastage
- Greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Improved morale and motivation
- Customer Confidence, Satisfaction and Trust
- Level of Assurance in Organizational Quality
- Organizational Profitability
- Ability to Differentiate Organization for Competitive Advantage
- Organizational Credibility & Reputation